CHaD HERO Teams
A majority of CHaD HEROES are part of a team and a majority of the funds raised at the CHaD HERO are raised by participants on teams.
So what does it mean to be part of a CHaD HERO Team?
- CHaD HEROES who are coming together to fundraise together
- Groups of friends
- A family, or group of families
- School teams/groups (athletic team, organization or club team)
- Corporate teams participating as part of a company wellness initiative
- Groups of co-workers and their families (which may or may not be sponsored in some way by their employer)
- Students from the same house on campus, Greek or otherwise
Every team needs 2 things.
- Team Captain sets a team fundraising goal, rallies the team members to reach their fundraising goals and the team goal, and coordinates the team on CHaD HERO Day.
- Team Members are the people who join the team. They can participate in the CHaD HERO as runners, walkers, riders, hikers or volunteers. They set and work towards their own personal fundraising goal, which will automatically be included in their team's total.
Teams may rally around a particular CHaD kid who inspires them or just as a group of CHaD HEROES who want to work together. (Contact us if you're interested in meeting a CHaD Buddy to help inspire your team.)
There isn't a limit to the number of people required to form a team and team members can be any age, and do NOT have to all participate in the same way.
Teams can train together, fundraise together, attend the event together, cheer teammates on together... be HEROES together!
How to start a team:
- Register yourself as a team captain and create a team name.
- Customize your team page to meet your needs.
- Invite others to join your team (example messaging - see #2). Team members can participate in any activity - run, walk, bike, or hike.
- Other members can join the team by selecting the "Join a Team" option when they register and search for your team name in the drop-down box.
- Once your team is formed, you can send out reminder emails through the HERO website. Log in and select "Messages" at the top of the page. Choose "Compose a Message" and under message type* choose "Team Update". From here you can email your team customized, encouraging messages.
If you would like to be a team captain and have questions please check out our Team FAQs and/or contact us.